Meeting Global Demand for Marine Engine Spare PartsBlog | February 28th, 2018
Spare parts are on hand when an ailing vessel slips into its dock. Out on the open water, yachts are propelled by reliable Yanmar engines. Spare components are at hand, so the near horizon can be left behind. Evidently, a global demand for marine engine spare parts isn’t about to subside. To illustrate this need, an issue encountered by multinational distributors every day, let’s run through three case studies.
Yanmar Medium Speed Engines
Considered an industry mainstay, this engine type uses between 368kW and 3300kW to propel fleets of midsize ships. Big fishing boat or large luxury yacht, Yanmar’s medium speed engines propel them all. A range of commonly sought after genuine spare parts can be found in the following bulleted list:
- Head gasket seals
- Fuel injectors
- Fuel shut-off solenoids
- Connecting rods
- Oil and water pumps
Classed as 4-stroke diesel engines, this Yanmar-branded range starts with the 6EY17W and tops off with the 6N21AW. Different cylinder bore sizes and piston characteristics differentiate each member of the engine range.
Kemel Stern Tube Seals
Cleverly engineered sealing systems stop water ingress within the propeller tube. Imagine the shaft in its tube. Kemel stern tube seals take this need to a whole other level by utilizing a series of masterfully designed gasketing rings to augment the sealing feature. Let’s check out our next spare parts list:
- Air control units
- Oil pressure units
- Chrome steel liners
- ‘O’ rings
- Seal rings
A drydock is required for seal and tube replacement work. After all, Kemel stern tube seals act as a water-to-engine room interface, one that uses oil and water as a sealing medium, so the repair project can’t very well be conducted at sea.
Mitsubishi K.K. Purifier Separators
A bowl centrifuge mechanism incorporates a group of disc-type separators. They’re tasked with an essential duty, which of turning shipboard sludge into purified oil and water. This time around, the spare parts list begins with the separation medium:
- Disc stacks
- Solenoid valves
- ‘O’ rings
- Centrifugal parts
- Centripetal pumps
Three key marine systems are described in this post. They illustrate the need for a global network of spare parts suppliers. If there’s a fishing boat floundering in the North Sea, a Yanmar-Certified dealer can quickly get the part shipped out. Meanwhile, in Australia, if an engine, stern tube seal, oil separator, or some other marine system starts acting up, a nearby multinational distributor will ensure the right spare part is nearby.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- The Importance of Emergency Generators and Why Choose a Reliable Brand Like Yanmar
- Sustainable Marine Vessel Practices: Why Choose KEMEL Stern Tube Seals from Japan Marine Engineering
- Purposes of an Auxiliary Engine in Marine Vessels
- How Do Marine Diesel Engines Work?
- An Overview of Anti-Fouling System in Marine Engines and Vessels
- Things to Consider in Overhauling Fuel Valves in Marine Engines and Why Choose Yanmar
- Ballast Operations and Safety Guidelines on Marine Vessels
- An Overview About Yanmar Dual Fuel Engine
- Why Should You Choose Yanmar over Other Marine Diesel Engines?
- The Impact of Covid-19 in the Marine Vessels and Why this is The Best Time for Drydock and Maintenance