Things to Consider in Overhauling Fuel Valves in Marine Engines and Why Choose YanmarBlog | January 29th, 2021
Fuel valve of marine engines assumes a vital job in deciding the nature of ignition inside the engine cylinder. The entrance and atomization of fuel, administered by the state of the fuel valve, guarantees effective ignition in the engine.
Fuel valves are an integral piece of boat’s arranged maintenance framework and are in this manner upgraded and cleaned at standard intervals of time. Maintenance work for fuel valves should be finished with most extreme consideration in request to forestall harm to the valve and likewise guarantee appropriate cleaning. Following are the significant points that should be considered while overhauling marine engine fuel valves:
- Check the Valves: Before opening the fuel valve for overhauling, guarantee that the engine is disconnected; fuel inlet and outlet valves are closed and fuel valve cooling water line is segregated.
- Cover the Cylinder Head: When the fuel valve is taken out from the cylinder head, guarantee to cover the opening with a major material to evade any tool or parts from falling inside the cylinder.
- Check Testing Machines: Before testing the fuel valve, guarantee to check the diesel oil, pressure-driven oil and other electrical frameworks of fuel valve testing machine (Depending on kind of valve testing machine-Electrical, manual or water-powered). Additionally, check the appraised opening pressing factor of the valve in machinery manual
- Extricate the Pressure Setting Screw First: Before opening the fuel valve for overhauling, firmly hold the valve body in a bad habit and free the pressing factor setting screw before attempting to open the needle holder.
- Keep All Overhauled Parts in Diesel/Kerosene: Ensure to keep and clean all the opened parts in diesel or lamp fuel. Clean the fuel valve body with diesel and eliminate all substantial fuel oil stores from the inside.
- Inspect the Spring: Check the spring for its length, versatility or any breakage or breaks. Likewise, check the spring quarter/holder for breakage.
- Check Surface of Valve Needle: Check the outside of the valve needle holder and lap it with fine lapping glue if pitting or scratch marks are seen. Do this until the surface is smooth. Measure the face width and on the off chance that it is not exactly needed, supplant the holder.
- Check Needle Movement: Check the outside of needle tip and development of needle inside the holder manage.
- Clean Nozzle Holder Atomization Holes: Clean the spout holder atomization openings with miniature wire (or gas torch opening cleaning wires).
- Check Valve Properly After Overhauling: Once the fuel valve is redesigned and collected back, check the opening pressing factor, atomisation and dripping of the fuel in fuel valve testing machine. Guarantee to utilize eyeglass and gloves while performing the tests. Check the opening pressing factor in manual and increase or decline the opening pressing factor with the assistance of the pressing factor setting screw gave on the top of the valve.
Some marine engine fuel valves with zero sac volume are not suggested for pressure testing. and henceforth ought to be utilized straightforwardly in the engine after overhauling.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Know the Telltale Signs that Your Diesel Engine is in Need of an Overhaul or Replacement
- An Overview of Seismic and Survey Vessels and Its Uses and Applications
- An Overview of Mareflex SOLAS Marine Tapes and the Different Types for Every Project
- What are Propulsion Engines and Why You Should Choose the Yanmar Brand?
- Choosing Between Rebuilding or Repowering Your Marine Engine
- Why Do You Need High-Quality and Efficient Yanmar Diesel Air Compressors?
- Probable Causes of Extreme Oil Consumption in Marine Diesel Engines
- The Importance of Emergency Generators and Why Choose a Reliable Brand Like Yanmar
- Sustainable Marine Vessel Practices: Why Choose KEMEL Stern Tube Seals from Japan Marine Engineering
- Purposes of an Auxiliary Engine in Marine Vessels